Monday, August 24, 2020
Cubs | Darvish quiets Sox's lineup, earns 2-1 win for Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs were badly outslugged by the Chicago White Sox this weekend at Wrigley Field. But thanks to another stellar outing from Yu Darvish, the Cubs turned their lone home run by Kyle Schwarber into a 2-1 victory Sunday.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Abreu gets it started, but White Sox fail to finish in loss to CubsJose Abreu gave the White Sox an early lead Sunday afternoon while tying a major-league record for consecutive home runs, but Yu Darvish and the Cubs emerged with a 2-1 win at Wrigley Field.
News | Bears among NFL teams reporting false positive tests for COVID-19The NFL revealed Sunday that several positive COVID-19 tests were found a day earlier by one of its testing partners, but that some subsequent tests had come back negative.
Columns | Rozner: Healthy Seabrook could still help BlackhawksOn the surface it sounds crazy, but a healthy Brent Seabrook could still help the Blackhawks.
Blackhawks | Chicago Blackhawks need youth to move in right directionWith the salary cap remaining flat at $81.5 million, the Chicago Blackhawks desperately need their inexpensive talent to take another step. John Dietz takes a look at everyone who could contribute and what some of their roles may be when the 2020-21 campaign arrives.
Cubs | Cubs giving up home runs, but why aren't they hitting?The story of the crosstown series so far as been the White Sox's prolific home run hitting, which continued Saturday. But why aren't the Cubs mustering more offense?
Cubs | Bryant likes challenge, but could live without leading off for CubsKris Bryant said he likes the challenge of leading off, but at the same time, he'd be fine with moving down in the order when he returns from a wrist injury.
White Sox | Sox loss aside, Cease has 'top outing' against CubsStarting pitcher Dylan Cease was good for the White Sox Sunday at Wrigley Field. Unfortunately for the young right-hander, Cubs starter Yu Darvish was a little better.
Cubs | Cubs impressed by White Sox' powerAfter watching the White Sox slug 12 home runs at Wrigley Field this weekend, the Cubs were willing to admit the obvious -- their crosstown rivals are impressive.
Cubs | Cubs' Bryant knows time's not on his side with wrist recoveryKris Bryant knows the clock is ticking on this shortened season, but he knows it's important to make sure his injured left wrist is healed before he takes the field again.
Columns | Big in the bubble: Sky point guard Vandersloot making another case for WNBA MVPChicago Sky point guard Courtney Vandersloot is again making a case for herself for WNBA MVP down in the WNBA bubble in Florida.
White Sox | Sox found success with Lopez/Gonzalez duoThe White Sox had a successful outcome Saturday night when Reynaldo Lopez started against the Cubs and was relieved by Gio Gonzalez.
- 3:15 AMParis police arrest 148 after PSG loses in Champions League
- 3:06 AMBrown's future in jeopardy after 76ers suffer early exit
- 3:05 AMRaptors hope Lowry will be ready when they face Celtics
- 2:22 AMLos Angeles, Dallas tied 2-2 heading to game 5
- 2:22 AMJazz look to secure series win over the Nuggets
- Prep SportsGolfers going low in return to course
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Perakis sisters bring out best in each other
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Tri-Cities teams open seasons
- Prep SportsHarvest Christian names Knudsen new AD
- Prep SportsHow high schools are allowing certain fall sports on campus while full remote learning is in effect
- Downers Grove
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: What siblings combos are the best in sports history?
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Neuqua Valley edges Naperville Central for Sterr title
- Prep Sports'It's hard to process': Burlington Central grad Kollhoff reacts to Big Ten cancellation
- Prep SportsSenior season put on hold for Geneva grad Loberg
Images; Through the Film Magnifier: Carlton Fisk, The Kingston Trio, Dudley Moore, a beard contest and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more